Saturday, August 19, 2017

Blueberry-Peach Crisp

We had picked a lot of blueberries on trip to Michigan that were unfortunately not that sweet for eating out of hand, so I combined them with home-grown peaches to make a crumble-crisp.
The recipe I followed was a mashup of this for the fruit and this for the topping. Blueberries and diced peaches were tossed with about 3 Tablespoons of sugar and 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch for roughly 4 cups of blueberries and 1 cup of diced peaches. I also squeezed half a lemon and added about 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. The topping was comprised of rolled oats, almond flour, coconut oil, honey, 2 dashes of cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. When I ran out of almond flour, I substituted wheat germ. Overall, family members liked the crumble, as it wasn't too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment