Friday, November 17, 2017

BraveTart’s Mini Egg Chocolate Cookies

The cookies were quite tender and broke apart easily, but I loved the flavor.
Rummaging around the refrigerator to make room for the products of this last weekend's cooking binge reminded me that I have bags of butterscotch chips stashed in the back of the refrigerator. I've been impressed by BraveTart's creations on Instagram, so I decided to check her site and modify her recipe for chocolate cookies with Cadbury Mini Eggs to use up the half bags of butterscotch and peanut butter chips I had on hand. Other substitutions: I substituted coconut sugar for the brown sugar, and used 2 ounces of white sugar instead of the 2.5 ounces called for (the sweetness was fine). I can't imagine using the full amount of sugar.

I had the kids add five mini M&Ms to the top of each cookie, after pressing the scooped dough with the pusher (from my food processor) dipped in cocoa powder - since the dough was very sticky

No comments:

Post a Comment