Sunday, November 12, 2017

Deb Perleman’s Carrot Soup with Meatballs and Spinach


Smitten Kitchen has always been a favorite, and her recipe for Carrot Soup with Meatballs and Spinach was another winner. After I puréed the soup with an immersion blender, the soup started splattering everywhere - I'm unsure how to prevent that from happening again. I liked the meatballs, of which I used about a 50/50 mixture of ground chicken and ground pork. Next time I might use all pork because the chicken was too lean. Also, while the kids complained that their carefully cut carrots had been blended into a mash, Miss Nomad Foodie chose to have another serving instead of the miso sweet potato and broccoli bowl that I'd prepared for dinner. A final note: I think I'll use butter to sauté the vegetables in next time because I like the flavor of butter in soup.




No comments:

Post a Comment