Monday, January 15, 2018

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Cranberries

Last Monday's dinner menu:

Now, while overall I liked the menu, the kids did not. My attempts to get them to like brussels sprouts were for naught. I thought Ree Drummond's take on the sprouts might be helpful, with all the sweetness, but I think the kids were turned off by the darkness of the balsamic vinaigrette glaze. I halved the sugar and the recipe was too sweet for my tastes.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze and Cranberries by Ree Drummond/The Pioneer Woman
The pork burgers were more successful, as I adapted Deb Perleman's recipe. So easy, and so yummy.

No pictures of the carrot salad (it was simply shredded carrots), but I'm quite certain my kids wouldn't eat as much salad as they do without Kewpie Sesame Dressing. It's full of umami, creamy, and not too sweet (at least the one made in Japan).

No comments:

Post a Comment