Monday, March 13, 2017

La Whale boulangerie (Taipei, Taiwan)

Once a month I am in a neighborhood of the Da-an district, and often I stop by this bakery that is catercorner to the parking lot I use. Prominently displayed in the shop is a plaque proclaiming the baker as a finalist in the 2012 Coupe du Monde de la Boulangerie (World Bakery Cup) for Artistic Design, and certainly his viennoiseries have more flair than those in the typical bakeries around Taipei.

Clockwise, from the top: chocolate cinnamon roll with pistachio decoration, pain au adzuki bean (similar to pain aux raisins) with dried strawberry and pistachio topping, and what seems to be a brioche with coconut filling.

That said, while I enjoy picking up a few pastries when I'm in the neighborhood, I don't ever think back on a particular item and savor it's memory. They're pretty and tasty, but not memorable.

La Whale Boulangerie 阿崴烘焙工坊
Address: No. 3, Lane 193, Section 2, Fuxing S Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106
Phone: 02 2325 2218

No comments:

Post a Comment